Know Who To Turn To

General Practitioner ServicesBack

When you have an illness or injury that won't go away, turn to your GP.

What is a GP?

GP is another name for a family doctor and is the first point of contact for most patients.

Before you can turn to a GP, you must register with a GP practice.

When to turn to your GP

Turn to your GP for:
  • vomiting
  • ear pain
  • sore belly
  • backache.

For minor illnesses, such as a cold or the flu, turn to your Pharmacist

How will your GP help?

Your GP will carry out a detailed examination of your health and provide you with information, advice and medicine, if required.

They can also refer you to other healthcare professionals for help with your care.

When your GP is closed

If your GP and local pharmacy are closed and you have an illness or injury that just can't wait, phone NHS 24 on 111.

They can arrange for someone to see you at your nearest out-of-hours service.

Find local GPs now

Just enter a postcode and hit search

Invalid town/postcode. Please try again.

Still unsure?

If you are still unsure who to turn to, phone NHS 24 on 111.

They can help direct you to the most appropriate service for your needs.